The MIREU project is organising a conference on mining heritage between 21-23rd April 2020 in Cornwall, UK.
The full programme is available here.
The conference will focus on mining heritage with presentations from globally significant UNESCO mining & metallurgy heritage sites from across Europe and will include a guided excursion to part of the Cornwall & West Devon Mining Landscape UNESCO World Heritage site.
Key messages and findings from the work carried out within the MIREU project will be presented and conference participants will have the opportunity to discuss and debate on topical issues, such as mining resumption in historic areas, creative industries in mining heritage, and transforming historic mining and metallurgy areas into hubs of social & cultural value.
We recommend booking your accommodation in the area around St Michaels Resort, Falmouth as this is where the shuttle bus and coach will be leaving from.
Tuesday 21st April - Mining Heritage
- Mining Heritage & UNESCO
- European Regions and Mining & Metallurgy World Heritage
- Side by Side - Modern Mining and Mining Heritage
- Mining Heritage parallel workshop sessions
- Evening reception with the Cornwall Mining Alliance
Wednesday 22nd April - Tin Coast Excursion
- National Trust Tin Coast excursion
- Cornwall & Saxony twinning session
Thursday 23rd April - MIREU Project Progress Day
- Deliverable presentations (open to all)
- Network building sessions (open to all)
- Work Package update meetings (project partners only)
- Steering Group Meeting (Steering Group only)
- Conference dinner
Friday 24th April - Eden Project
- Optional Trip to the Eden Project dependant on interest
The programme, menu for the conference dinner and travel advice are attached. Please read these documents carefully before using the form below to register.