The MIREU Management WP
The overall objective of the MIREU management WP is to guarantee a smooth day-to-day running of the project for the entire consortium. The aim of this work package is to ensure that the project meets its objectives and obligations within budget and scheduled timescales.
The organisational and management structure of the MIREU consortium comprises the following entities.
The legal entity acting as the intermediary between the partners and the European Commission. GTK is the coordinator of the project.
The steering group consists of the WP leaders, coordinators and a few expert members from the following organisations:
- Geological Survey of Finland
- Geokompetenzzentrum Freiberg e.V., Germany
- Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnica IM. Stanislawa Staszica w Krakowie, Poland
- University of Lapland, Finland
- Nova ID FCT – Associacao para a inovacao e desenvolvimento da FCT , Portugal
- Bureau de Reserches Geologiques et Minieres, France
- European Regions Research and Innovation Network, Belgium
- National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Regional Council of Lapland, Finland
- WE FALCK, Austria
The advisory board of the MIREU includes members from the following organisations:
- Technical University of Clausthal, Germany
- EIT Raw Materials, Germany
- Euromines, Belgium
- University of Queensland – Sustainable Minerals Institute, Australia
- University of Eastern Finland
The International Expert Stakeholder Panel of the SLO Work Package is comprised of 9 persons from the following organisations. They represent different views, and who are internationally recognised researchers of SLO issues.
- Wardell Armstrong International Ltd.
- The Australian Center for Sustainable Mining Practices (until end of 2018)
- Tallinn University of Technology
- Trinity College Dublin
- Anglo American
- POST (Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology), UK
- Sami Parliament in Sweden
- EU Development Minerals Programme - UNDP (until end of 2018)
- Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland
- Shinglespit Consultants, Inc.
- Finnish Network for Sustainable Mining (until the end of 2018)