The Raw Materials Summit is the flagship event organised by the EIT RawMaterials and will take place in May 2019. The event will gather experts from Europe and the rest of the world to discuss strategies in relation to raw materials supply and access, innovation in the raw materials value chain as well as entrepreneurship and education. The Summit will be an opportunity to understand and discuss the EU positioning with respect to the challenges ahead, such as the energy transitionand the impact this will have on raw materials supply and policies.
The Raw Materials Summit 2019 will run for 3 days and will include the following pillars:
- Innovation and new technologies within the raw materials value chain:
- new products/processes/services generated within the ecosystem
- projects/products that are expected to have an impact on the value chain
- ground-breaking technologies for the raw materials sector
- Future EU innovation programmes and impact on the raw materials value chain, as well as policies for the sustainable and efficient use of raw materials
- Start-up and venture forum: showcase of start-ups and pitching sessions dedicated to investors
- Education focus: showcasing innovative programmes in Education, meet the EIT RawMaterials Alumni
The Summit program will include keynotes by prominent speakers from the raw materials research field, representatives of the EU Commission, high profile entrepreneurs and start-up investors.
More information will follow!