The General Directorate of Energy and Mines (Dirección General de Energía y Minas) is the public authority for all the mining and energy related issues in Castilla y León region in Spain. The Directorate of Energy and Mines belongs to the Regional Minister of Economy and Treasure in the Castilla y León Regional Government which is called Junta de Castilla y León. It has competence in:
- Management of competences in exploration, researching, exploitation and benefit of mineral and geological resources, and hydrocarbons.
- Management of competences in CO2 geological storage.
- Planification, programmming and control of inspection, training and mining security.
- Planning, execution and management of programmes and aids to contribute the rational use of the mineral and geological resources, and the training of mining sector workers .
- Competences related to security and health, when it is applied mining technologies.
- Study, promotion and support of energy and mining sectors.
DGEyM is responsible for:
- Management the framework conditions of all raw materials, for permissions, production, normative, awarenes, economic grow and employment.
- Updating the Repository documentary geological and mining funds in the region.
- Representing Castilla y León in official working meetings with representatives from CE for mining issues.