MUL is a ”global center of excellence“ in our core disciplines:
- mineral resources production and processing
- high-performance materials
- process and product engineering
- environmental technology and recycling,
which are complemented by the following fields of research:
- energy technology and resource management
- safety engineering and risk management
- mathematics, natural sciences and engineering, and economics.
These unique research fields and key competences benefit from the interdisciplinary environment of the university and close collaboration between departments and institutes. Montanuniversität Leoben considers its central future aims to establish sustainability in its value-added cycle, from raw materials to the finished product, on to the disposal of the product and its recycling and reuse as secondary raw material.