The Exploration and Mining Division of the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment is responsible for promoting and regulating minerals exploration and development in Ireland. Exploration and Mining Division is responsible forand implement minerals development policy.
- Formulation and implementation of minerals development policy,
- Promotion of the mineral potential of Ireland,
- Licence and monitor the mineral exploration and mining industries,
- Consult with relevant stakeholders,
- Undertake site safety works and remediation of old mine sites if required,
- Make available technical explorations reports and data.