The European raw material partners from the abiotic and biotic sectors are currently preparing a Research & Innovation Roadmap 2050 that will lay out key research and innovation actions required to:
• secure a sustainable and competitive supply of raw materials to European industries,
• boost the sector’s jobs and competitiveness, and
• contribute to addressing global challenges as well as the needs of the civil society.
The Roadmap will be the main outcome from the VERAM project, feeding into the EU’s framework programme for research and innovation.
The aim of this consultation is to better define the priorities envisaged by the raw material stakeholders with regard to the future challenges, mid- and long-term objectives as well as concrete research and innovation activities that the Roadmap should ideally address.
This is the final, and therefore crucial chance to influence future R&I actions and the evolution of the raw material sectors in mid and long term.
The input into the Roadmap should comprise four broader priorities:
1. supply of raw materials,
2. production of raw materials,
3. closed loops,
4. new products and applications
The input of stakeholders will be key to the finalisation of the Roadmap by April 2018.
For more information on how to participate, click here.